What We Sing
WHAT WE SING is a scheme that is designed to enhance and complement the music sung by the church choirs throughout the year. It is intended to help the whole church community to achieve a greater understanding and appreciation of the music that is heard here each Sunday. It also forms an integral part of the education and training of the boy and girl choristers, helping them to understand what they are singing about and to discover the lives and stories behind the music itself.
Many people from across the church community will be contributing to the series as it runs its course, and further offers of contributions will always be welcome. If you would like to write 800 words on a composer and work featured in our music list, we'd be delighted to receive them! Please contact Fraser Wilson or Fr Andrew McCroskery if you would like to know more, or wish to request a particular piece of music.
The current music list is available here.
- Issue 8: Tu es Petrus by Robert Pearsall
- Issue 7: Tantum Ergo by George Henschel
- Issue 6: Mass for five voices by William Byrd
- Issue 5: Hear my prayer by Henry Purcell
- Issue 4: Messe solennelle by Louis Vierne
- Issue 3: Collegium Regale (Communion) by Herbert Howells
- Issue 2: Communion Service in E by Harold Darke
- Issue 1: Communion Service in B flat & F by C. V. Stanford