Friends of the Choir
Music has been a key feature of the unique form of worship at Saint Bartholomew’s since its consecration in 1867. Many former members have gone on to successful musical careers, undoubtedly helped on their way by the free education provided at our church.
Our choir of boys and men is one of three such choirs surviving in Ireland today, and is continuing to flourish with twenty-five boys at the time of writing. In the last decade, we have expanded our musical foundation with the addition of a girls’ choir, and an extensive and varied concert programme.
Currently the choir costs the church in the region of €60,000 per annum to run. This amount would be substantially higher without the many individuals who volunteer their time and experience at no cost.
Arts and culture are often the first to suffer financially in recessionary times. In this harsh economic climate it is particularly important to protect a unique tradition such as ours. We hope you will consider joining our new “Friends of the Choir” scheme. Donations made to this scheme will be used solely for the maintenance of the choir and musical tradition.
We are offering two levels with the following benefits:
Standard (€75 per annum)
- Acknowledgement by name in all choir concert programmes and on our web site.
- A complimentary copy of any new recording produced by the choir.
- Two issues of Music @ Saint Bartholomew’s magazine by post.
Gold (€150 per annum)
- All standard benefits.
- Two complimentary tickets for all choir concerts held at Saint Bartholomew’s.
- A special CD (not available elsewhere) featuring highlights from the services and concerts sung by the choir over the previous calendar year.
Our membership year begins on July 1st. Subscriptions taken out now will run until June 30th, 2013.
If you would prefer to join by post, please download our form here.