We resumed services on Sunday, 6 December. At present, we are offering Sunday services at 9.00am and 11.00am. There are no weekday services and no Choral Evensong at this time. The 9.00am service is a said Eucharist as usual and lasts about 25 minutes. The 11.00am Eucharist is scaled back from what it usually is. Unfortunately, singing is currently prohibited at services, and we cannot yet say when this restriction will be lifted. At present, the 11.00am service lasts approximately 40 minutes.
There are a number of important measures in place to enable us to provide services:
- Observe social distancing at all times (place 2 meters/6 feet between yourself and others, including when you are outside).
- Use hand sanitiser on entering and leaving the building. We will provide sanitiser, or you may bring your own.
- We strongly recommend wearing a face mask for services. We request that you bring your own each Sunday. Handmade masks of a double layer are suitable. Masks must be worn properly, covering both your mouth AND nose.
- Bring a piece of paper with your name and contact number on it and drop it into the box provided at the door. This will only be used for contact tracing to ensure your safety if we have outbreak of the virus.
- The pews will be filled in order, beginning at the front of the church and progressing towards the back. Please leave in an orderly fashion, filing out from the back of the church first, one pew at a time, to ensure safe social distancing.
- Sit only in pews with a red cushion and at the positions where a service sheet is present (members of the same household may sit together in the same pew).
- Leave your service booklet on your pew seat at the end of services.
- Communion in one kind will be distributed to you in your pew.
- Please do not share the peace at this time.
- A retiring collection will be taken at the end of the service, where a plate will be left on the table near the exit as you leave.
- The church is cleaned and disinfected between these two services.
If we have reached capacity you may not be able to enter the church. We have two morning services that you can attend. If, as we proceed in this manner, we find that we need more services, they will be arranged. If you are unable to attend, an audio link of the service will be available on our website on Sunday evenings.
Finally, if you have any symptoms of Covid-19 or have been in recent contact with anyone who has the virus, you must stay at home for the safety of others and to reduce spread. If you develop symptoms, please contact the vicar as soon as possible to enable contact tracing. It is recommended that those who are cocooning and those with underlying health issues do not attend services at this time.
Abiding by these measures provides a safer environment for us all, which will allow us to continue meeting for worship.
Thank you for your cooperation!