WHAT WE SING was a scheme that is designed to enhance and complement the music sung by the church choirs throughout the year.
It was intended to help the whole church community to achieve a greater understanding and appreciation of the music that is heard in the church each Sunday. It was an integral part of the education and training of the boy and girl choristers, helping them to understand what they are singing about and to discover the lives and stories behind the music itself.
Unfortunately this scheme has been suspended for some time due to a lack of contributors. Perhaps you can help change that; if you would like to write 800 words on a composer and work featured in our music list, we’d be delighted to receive them! Please contact Tristan Russcher or Fr Andrew McCroskery if you would like to know more, or wish to request a particular piece of music.
The current music list is available here.
- Issue 8: Tu es Petrus by Robert Pearsall
- Issue 7: Tantum Ergo by George Henschel
- Issue 6: Mass for five voices by William Byrd
- Issue 5: Hear my prayer by Henry Purcell
- Issue 4: Messe solennelle by Louis Vierne
- Issue 3: Collegium Regale (Communion) by Herbert Howells
- Issue 2: Communion Service in E by Harold Darke
- Issue 1: Communion Service in B flat & F by C. V. Stanford